Thursday, September 22, 2011

Purple Haze

It had down poured as if God had taken a bucket of water and decided to spill it all over Fort Myers. It was a late August day, and rain had become an everyday thing for me. Being from New York, of course I have experienced my fair share of storms, lightning and rain but nothing is like a Florida thunderstorm! They call it "heat lightning" and it truly electrocutes the sky. The booms, bangs, and raging last for a total of 45 minutes. Usually, the big tear drops, electric show and thunder happen right before the sun is going to set making the view unbelievable. The colors of the sky range from cotton candy blue, to an electric lavender. After I reflect on a view like this, there is no question why I love those rainstorms that make my hair poof-y and drench my clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment