Thursday, September 22, 2011

Copy Cat

According to the news article Plagiarism Lines Blur for Students in Digital Age written by Trip Gabriel, plagiarism is becoming an even bigger issue now than it has ever been before. Since the whole tech age, students have been able to obtain information ten times easier and because some have download music illegally, and have websites such as Wikipedia and file-sharing taking information that is not theirs does not seem as big of a crime anymore!


I personally am one of those students that do not understand why plagiarism is such an issue in the world, especially in college! The punishments for plagiarizing are severe and most of the time result in being expelled from the university. I know that taking other peoples words and using them as your own is morally wrong, but, I do not get why it is taking so seriously in many peoples eyes. This does not mean that I do plagiarize, because I know the consequences and would much rather use my own opinion to discuss a topic! 


New York Times Plagiarism

No comments:

Post a Comment