Monday, October 17, 2011

Chicken or the Egg?



Now that I have you intrigued by my title, I'm sorry to tell you that my contrasting has nothing to do with chickens, nor eggs. I apologize but I can tell you that you will not regret reading what I am about to discuss. On the bright side, one of the items is food. I am contrasting two of my favorite things in the world, home (which is Warwick, New York) and my favorite food Snow Crab Legs.

Warwick, New York is a place I believe everyone should experience. There is no other place I'd rather call home then this beautiful, unique little town. There is something about the air in Warwick that everyone from there knows. When I am home I often find myself sniffing outside my window for that pure fresh air that I can't smell anywhere else. When you walk through my beautiful town you feel at home. Even if you aren't from Warwick, there's a cozy warm feeling that tingles through your body. The shops and restaurants invite you in and treat you as if you were gold. The greatest part of it all is each business is mom and pop owned. My town does not allow commercial chains to open up business. On the outskirts you will find a Shop Rite and a CVS but asides from that our businesses are all owned by people we know. Although we have over 50,000 people in our community it still has a small town feel where everyone knows everyone. For some they may not like it, but for me it's perfect!

Snow crabs are glorious. When I hear snow crabs I think of a buttery sensation in my mouth and juicy meaty legs. They are delicious and if you haven't tried them yet, you are not living. Snow crabs originate from all over but the greatest tasting ones come from Alaska. The legs are tender and easy to get the meat out unlike Alaskan King Crab or Blue Crabs. My favorite kind of Snow Crab legs are the ones that are seasoned in Ole Bay. Preferably from Joes Crab Shack.

I suppose your wondering why in the world I decided to contrast such two very different things. Well, for one I miss my home and I'd do anything to go back or to just talk about it. Another reason is I'm starving and haven't had my favorite food in a while and the Snow Crab legs were just on my mind. They are so very different because first off, Snow Crab legs are food while Warwick is a township in Orange County. Also, Warwick has a different taste then Snow Crabs. Snow Crabs are a physical taste that can satisfy your actual hunger while Warwick is more of a mental taste that can satisfy your hunger for home. All in all, I hope you get to A. taste Snow Crabs while b. being in Warwick, New York.

1 comment:

  1. This was worth the wait, Carly. I am sorry your posts slipped through the cracks....

    ReplyDelete